Monday, April 13, 2009

ENERGY ECONOMIC STIMULUS NEWS BLAST

Thank you for your interest during the last several weeks since the DOE has announced the federal stimulus funding allocations. The Energy Commission will be receiving about $275 million for energy efficiency and renewable energy programs that will be administered under two main programs: the State Energy Program and the Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant Program.
Before any funding can be awarded Guidelines/Regulations and the program design for the SEP and Block Grant Programs must be developed. Several public workshops are planned for early May to discuss proposed concepts and funding areas. You will be notified as soon as these workshops are scheduled with enough lead-time to prepare for them.
Although the Energy Commission has some near-term application deadlines to the DOE for general information, there will be plenty of time to apply for funding. No solicitations for Energy Commission administered programs have been released yet. You will be notified of all funding opportunities and application instructions as soon as they are available. We encourage you to check the Website www.energy.ca.gov/recovery on a regular basis for information.
SEP Update
The DOE guidelines for the SEP funds were released March 12, 2009 to the State Energy Offices. The Energy Commission provided an initial application to the DOE on March 23, 2009 with a general overview of non-project specific funding areas. The more detailed application is due to DOE on May 12, 2009. Several public workshops are planned for early May to discuss proposed concepts and funding areas to help design this program. Information will be sent out by e-mail blasts to the Recovery ListServer soon. No solicitations for Energy Commission-administered SEP funds have been released.
BLOCK GRANT Update
On March 26, 2009 the DOE announce their intention to award California $351.5 million in Energy Efficiency and Conservation Block Grant funding, with $302 million going directly to large cities and counties. A preliminary list of these large cities and counties and the amounts they will be receiving is available at www.energy.ca.gov/recovery/blockgrant.html
The Energy Commission has been allocated $49.6 million and will make 60 percent ($29.7 million) of these funds available to small cities and counties through a competitive block grant process. The remaining 40 percent will be distributed at the Energy Commission's discretion to meet ARRA and California energy and environmental policy goals.
The Block Grant application from the Energy Commission to the DOE is due May 26, 2009. Several public workshops are planned for early May to discuss proposed project concepts and funding areas. Information will be sent out by e-mail to the Recovery ListServe soon.
Interested individuals, companies and organizations are encouraged to directly contact their local city or county for ways to partner for Block grant funding to assist local governments in meeting these energy program guidelines and goals. No solicitations for Energy Commission administered Block Grant programs have been released.
FAQs
The Frequently Asked Questions have been updated and provide more information on the SEP and Block Grants funding. Please check out http://www.energy.ca.gov/recovery/faqs.html
ARRA COMPETITIVE PROGRAMS UPDATE
DOE has released several competitive program solicitations including:
Assisted Housing Stability and Energy and Green Retrofit, posted March 10, 2009. Closing date: April 16, 2011
Funding for SmartWay Clean Diesel Finance Program, released March 6, 2009. Current Closing Date for Applications: April 28, 2009.
Transportation Electrification (Reference Number: DE-FOA-0000026). US DOE Competitive Grant Info, released March 19, 2009. Current Closing Date for Applications: May 19, 2009.
Electric Drive Vehicle Battery and Component Manufacturing Initiative (Reference Number: DE-FOA-0000028). US DOE Competitive Grant Info, released March 19, 2009. Current Closing Date for Applications: May 13, 2009.

1 comments:

Kelvin said...

Hi,

We have just added your latest post "ENERGY ECONOMIC STIMULUS NEWS BLAST" to our Directory of Grant Programs . You can check the inclusion of the post here . We are delighted to invite you to submit all your future posts to the directory for getting a huge base of visitors to your website and gaining a valuable backlink to your site.


Warm Regards

Project Grant Team

http://projectgrant.info

Post a Comment